Protein Balls Recipe
We all love a cheeky treat from time to time… but what if we told you it didn’t have to be cheeky! Here’s a delicious, healthy alternative for you and your child’s sweet cravings!
It’s super easy and fun to make with your little ones, and rest assured it’s nutritious!
Tip: Use a food processor. A blender tends to leave you with all the ingredients clumped together in the bottom of the blender.
- 1 cup of raw, whole almonds
- 1 cup of fresh dates (or soak dried dates for 2 hrs prior to using)
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (or any nut butter)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cacao – (or more if you’re after a rich chocolate taste)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Moist coconut flakes
- Soak the almonds in water for 30 minutes, and then drain them. This will make processing the almonds easier.
- Process the almonds.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well combined, and has a soft, doughy consistency.
- Using damp hands, roll the mixture into balls and place on a plate with coconut flakes on top.
- To finish, sprinkle extra coconut flakes over the protein balls.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour to set and enjoy as a healthy eating snack
Makes: 20 balls. Calories per ball: 100.